Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Not to be outdone, Nathaniel gave Maddie a huge egg on her forehead last night.  We were in Main House before dinner and he came out of the kitchen and she ran to him, saying, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!"  He scooped her up and swung her above his head-- right into the corner of the dropped ceiling.  She got a huge bump, all black and blue, immediately.  Very sad.  She didn't cry too much but she was adorable, holding an ice pack to her little head and sitting on Daddy's lap all through dinner.  Mostly, she loves telling everyone about her injuries.  Again-- adorable.

Sonja has become beautiful this week.  I just want to kiss her little cheeks all the time.  She's a little puker and then she smiles and smiles at me, like she loves puking on herself.  How can you be mad about that?  She also follows me with her eyes at all times, even when I have her lying on the table upside down.  She is so precious.  She looks just like Nathaniel.  

These are the things I'm putting off doing right now:
*Re-potting my favorite plant (it's 9 years old and I got it for $1.99 at Wal-Mart when it was tiny.  Now it's huge and sitting the bathtub, waiting for me to help its roots stop strangling it to death.)
* Clean out the refrigerator (dear God)
* Dust the entertainment center shelving
* Play fetch with Ava
* Clean the basement.  Poor, poor basement.  Well, let me tell ya-- it's not my fault.  I was too dispirited to clean the basement this month because someone (Cooper) had developed a pooping problem.  Nathaniel thinks it may be related to the terrible butt surgery he had last Spring but I think it's related to him busting into the cat food and gorging himself until his brown body is visibly altered.  Either way, he was leaving poops in the basement and when we would let him out, he'd just sit by the door unless you went out with him and held his damn paw while he pooped.  (Not literally, okay?)  So, I've got a new theory: he doesn't like to poop around Ava.  I can understand this.  While he's pooping, she stares at him from 20 feet away, crouches down in a stalking position, and as soon as he's done, chases him and drags him back to the door by his collar.  SO, he goes out by himself now and no more poops in the basement!  Yay, me!  SO, no reason for me to not be cleaning the basement today while Maddie and Sonja are napping.  EXCEPT that I found something else to do instead: procrastinatory blog posting.  Ta-da!


No comments: